We made a decision. No to Thailand this year. Yes to finishing our basement! As a result, my regular "creative research" has been replaced by diy videos, home depot browsing and my latest obsession: finding the perfect stone. We have a gorgeous more formal corner fireplace upstairs that has exposed piping in the basement perfect for installing another fireplace directly beneath as we finish the framing etc.
We live in the mountains so we want to bring some of the rustic into the basement. Every summer, my family goes up to Hebgen Lake in Montana where my Grandma has cabins. Both cabins were built before 1925 and have fantastic rough stone fireplaces which I've always wanted to have in a home. This photo, I think, shall be our jumping place. I have already found a stone shop in Salt Lake City that sells wholesale to the public so we are rolling.
Side note: I debated whether I was going to post our semi-underground shenanigans, but a rumpus room by definition lends itself to random projects and creative endeavors. Thus, expect more where this came from.
Posted via web from rumpusroom
1 comment:
"Boo!" to no Thailand, but "Hooray" for rustic fireplaces. I suppose somehow we'll just have to make do. And we'll see your fireplace in 2011...right?
Post a Comment